Included With This Package:
- 4 1/2″ x 10″ filter housing with pressure relief valve
- 5 micron filter
- heavy duty steel mounting bracket with hardware
- Filter wrench to change filter
- Free shipping to all lower 48 states
Big Blue Sediment Filter Kit
- 4 1/2″ x 10″ Filter Housing, with Pressure Relief button.
- 5 Micron Cartridge Filter included
- High flow rates
- Heavy Duty Mounting Bracket included
- Filter Wrench included
- Designed to remove fine – large particles of sediment from your water supply
- Installed after the well tank and before any water treatment systems
- FREE SHIPPING TO ALL LOWER 48 STATES
- MADE IN THE USA
Interesting Water Facts
- Humans largely influence the factors that determine water quality, as they depose off their waste in water and add all kinds of substances and contaminants that are not naturally present. We now know more than 70.000 water pollutants.
- About 450 cubic kilometers of waste water are carried into coastal areas by rivers and streams every year. These pollution loads require an additional 6,000 cubic kilometers of freshwater to dilute the pollution. This amount equals to two-thirds of the world’s total stable run-off.
- Public water supplies must meet or exceed certain standards. The kind of standards that are used differ for each country. Many public water supplies consistently supply water that is much better than the minimum standards.
- Four liters (1 gallon) of gasoline can contaminate approximately 2.8 million litres (750,000 gallons) of water.
- Groundwater supplies serve about 80% of the population, whereas up to 4% of usable groundwater is already polluted.
- There are 12,000 different toxic chemical compounds in industrial use today, and more than 500 new chemicals are developed each year.
- Over 70,000 different water contaminants have been identified.
- Each day almost 10,000 children under the age of 5 in Third World countries die as a result of illnesses contracted by use of impure water.
- Today, drinking water meets over a hundred different standards for drinking water quality.
- The principal sources of contamination are associated with the post World War II chemical age.
- If all new sources of contamination could be eliminated, in 10 years, 98% of all available groundwater would then be free of pollution.
Bottled water can be up to 1000 times more expensive than tap water and it may not be as safe.
A person must consume 2 liters of water daily to live healthily. Humans drink an average of 75.000